Compare Workouts, Features and Benefits: PiYo vs Focus T25
PiYo claims to bring you the benefits of Pilates and Yoga so that you don’t have to put your body through strain and rigorous workouts to get into the shape of your life.
There are many workout programs that require you to punish your body, which can now be avoided with PiYo, according to its claims. That’s because it brings the muscle sculpting and core building benefits of Pilates together with strength and flexibility of yoga while the speed is enhanced to help you burn fat faster. Moreover it is a low impact workout that promises to leave you with a lean and defined body.
Unlike long and intense poses in Yoga, or the repetitive and microscopic core movements of Pilates, things are cranked up here. That’s why the results you see are a lot faster. There are flowing and dynamic sequences that burn calories while toning your muscles and boosting flexibility.
PiYo Features and Benefits
- Every movement and sequence in the PiYo workout has been designed to ensure that you burn calories. However the big advantage is that it is a low impact workout, which means you can bid goodbye to pains and aches that can be caused because of high workout routines.
- PiYo has been designed by expert Chalene, who was impressed by the benefits of yoga but found the fact that you have to sit still for long quite boring. Microscopic movements of pilates were also a put off, which is why she came up with the program that brings you the best of both worlds and faster results too.
- The program is available to you at home so that you don’t have to go out of your way to get the benefits you want. All you need is a yoga mat, water and towel to get started. You are led through the program by the 60 day calendar that makes the workout schedule a lot easier for you and you progress well each week. The Get Lean Eating Plan offers you an easy to follow approach to keep up with your lifestyle.
- PiYo workouts can go from between 25 and 45 minutes, thus you know you won’t be spending a lot of your precious time on it. Workouts are comprehensive and work for people of all ages and different fitness levels. It maintains that you might have no experience with yoga or Pilates but you can still get started with it.
- The moves are not complex and easy to follow. Chalene takes you through the sequences comfortably. These sequences have been designed to boost your metabolism rate so you burn fat faster. That’s the reason weight loss results you get are a lot quicker as well.
- Those who do yoga or Pilates on a regular basis still have to complement their workout with cardio, which means they spend additional time and money. But PiYo emphasizes on the fact that it has it all rolled into one low impact workout that brings good results.
Beachbody Focus T25 by Shaun T
It is a 25 minute workout that packs the benefits of an intense hour long workout for those who don’t have the time of the day to get the results they want.
For starters, you have to know that Focus T25 has been created by Shaun T, a fitness expert and the guy behind the hugely popular Insanity. Clearly, he knows what he is talking about and also understands that you don’t have an hour everyday to get into that fit shape you have always wanted. That’s why he has packed the intensity of an hour long workout in just 25 minutes. It’s a high intensity, Focus Interval Training program with no rest and claims to push your body and fitness to a whole new level altogether.
The program involves moves that Shaun T has researched for a long time to ensure that they give you benefits you want. With the help of different moves you can work different muscle groups; from quads to biceps, triceps to lower obliques, glutes and more. When you can’t do another rep with one muscle group you move on to the other without absolutely any rest. That’s what leads to a ripped, toned and incredibly fit body, according to its claims.
Focus T25 Features and Benefits
- Studies have shown that it’s actually shorter workouts that can offer you much better results than longer routines. Now you can get those benefits with this workout as it asserts to be as effective in burning fat as workouts that are twice as long.
- Since the workout is complete in only 25 minutes you are in an optimal fat burning zone. As a result, it stresses that the results you get are a lot faster and you can reach your fitness goals sooner rather than later.
- There is absolutely no rest involved in the workout and you get a chance to work different muscle groups in your body. Thus it is short and sweaty, so that you don’t spend too much of your precious time and get a complete body workout. From washboard abs to getting those ripped muscles, losing baby fat to toning your legs and lower body, the results are substantial, according to its claims.
- Focus T25 workout is meant for everyone but if you are finding it tricky in the beginning then you can start with the modified version at the onset. It has its benefits for both, men and women, people of all fitness levels and age groups too.
- Things are laid out nicely from one week to another, so that you know exactly where you are going with your fitness program. It doesn’t take a lot to get started with Focus T25 and a little bit of space is all that is required.
Compare Reviews and Complaints: PiYo vs Focus T25
PiYo Review – Pros and Cons
Pros – One customer who reviewed PiYo said that the advantage was you get the benefits of yoga, Pilates, cardio and core workout all rolled into one. It builds core strength and flexibility.
Another customer who used PiYo revealed that the fact that you can work out at home, office or a hotel room is an advantage. It also has simple modifications for beginners, which lets them start confidently. There is no equipment required to get the benefits of the workout.
Cons – One customer who used PiYo said that it can’t help men who want to increase size and build muscles. It is not meant to bulk up, put on muscle weight but can simply help you build lean muscle.
Another customer who reviewed PiYo felt that it was a program that was geared towards women more than men. But men can use it to get lean muscle before having to lift weights to bulk up.
Focus T25 Review – Pros and Cons
Pros – One customer who used Focus T25 said that he didn’t have much time so the 25 minute workout worked well for him. It’s a complete workout that helps you improve your health, quality of life, and sleep better at nights.
Another customer who reviewed Focus T25 revealed that with this program you get right into the middle of things and push things hard. That’s why it’s possible to get six pack or even eight pack abs with the workout.
One customer who used Focus T25 said that it is short and sweaty but the results are brilliant. She was able to lose about 25 pounds with the workout and there was a tremendous transformation in her body.
Another customer who reviewed Focus T25 highlighted the convenience aspect of the program by saying that you don’t need any additional equipment for it. It starts building lean muscle from phase one and works for everyone. It can save you money on gym memberships and it is modifiable too. 24×7 online support community is an added advantage.
Cons – One customer who used Focus T25 said that it is a high intensity workout, which means they are some who might struggle with it. Those who are new to this type of workout or haven’t exercised in long can have serious difficulties with it.
Another customer who reviewed Focus T25 said that it was too intense and there was no break for breathing. It only builds lean muscle and you won’t be able to bulk up like body builders.
Does it build muscle?
PiYo: NO. It does not build “body builder” type muscles, but long lean muscles. It is designed to create slim, lean and sculpted body.
Focus T25: You may build a little amount of muscle doing Focus T25 but this is not a hardcore bulk-up workout and won’t make you bulky. Focus T25 focuses on cardio, stamina and sweating out.
Does it require equipment?
PiYo: No. PiYo does not use any weights or equipment. It uses your own body weight to get lean and mean body.
Focus T25: These workouts use resistance bands.
Does it burn fat?
PiYo: Yes. PiYo workouts are created to burn fat and tone your muscles.
Focus T25: It too burns fat and sculpt muscles.
Compare workouts: PiYo vs Focus T25
PiYo: It is a low-intensity exercise program. Workouts are based on Pilates and Yoga also includes cardio, stretching, core exercises and strength training. In Fact the name PiYo come from the first 2 letters of “Pi”lates and “Yo”ga. Piyo focuses on Strength, Flexibility and Cardio.
Focus T25: It features low-intensity Interval Training workout combined with cardio, abs, upper/lower body, stretching and sweating circuits. It has a lot of jumps, lunges, squats and running moves.
Compare Areas Targeted: PiYo vs Focus T25
PiYo: Beachbody’s PiYo targets your core, upper body, lower body, and entire body.
Focus T25: It targets your core, back, quads, biceps, glutes, tricpes, obliques, and lower abs.
Compare Calories burned: PiYo vs Focus T25
PiYo: On an average you can expect to burn 200-300 calories in the 55 minute workout. It is not “one size fits all” scenario. Number of calories burned depends upon number of factors like your BMI, weight, age, workout intensity…etc.
Focus T25: You can expect to burn 150 to 250 calories in each workout of 25 minutes.
Compare workout duration: PiYo vs Focus T25
PiYo: It is a 60-day program with workouts scheduled 6 days a week. Each individual workout lasts for about 25 to 45 mins.
Focus T25: It is a 70-Day program, each workout lasts 25 minutes and you do it 5 days a week.
Does it make you bulky?
PiYo: No. as it does not use any weights or equipment hence it claims it will not make you bulky.
Focus T25: It is mostly cardio workout. Focus T25 is not focused on building muscles.
Does it make you lose weight?
PiYo: Yes. It is specifically designed for this purpose.
Focus T25: Yes. It helps you slim down.
Does it make you bigger?
PiYo and Focus T35 No. PiYo and Focus T25 sculpt your body and makes it leaner.
Does it make you stronger
PiYo and Focus T25 are designed to get slimmer bodies and feature easy-to-follow low intensity workouts. PiYo is not designed for strength training.
Does it make you gain weight
PiYo and Focus T25 No. provided you follow the diet and instructions along with the exercise program.
Does it make you lose belly fat
PiYo and Focus T25: Yes.
Is it hard?
PiYo and T25: It is relatively easy as compared to other high intensity workout programs.
Is it good for beginners?
PiYo and T25: Absolutely.
Is it cardio?
PiYo and Focus T25: PIYO incorporates some though not much cardio workouts and Focus T25 is mostly cardio.