Nuwave Precision Induction Cooktop Functions and features
The Nuwave Precision Induction Cooktop (PIC) has an aesthetically innovative design and promises to make cooking easier and better on account of its unique features. It claims that it’s more than just a cook top and works by offering the following functions and functions:
- A wider temperature choice than other brands.
- As a banquet/catering warming station function
- Programming stage cooking technology with 100 hours of program memory to save and recall cooking favorite dishes
- Capacity to boil, simmer, deep-fry, stir-fry, saute, steam and sear, slow cook, barbecue, melt and grill effortlessly
- Different functions or stages like varying cooking times and temperatures to be recorded and repeated later
- Delay function
- Circular design scheme which has done away with excess space that remains unused
- recise and adjustable temperature control
- 6 different pre-programmed temperature settings
- Flexibility to cook at 52 different temperatures between 100°F and 575°F
- Up to 70% less energy consumption
- High-tech safety features such as automatic shut-off
- Superior customer support service and experience
- Minimized discharge of heat
- Easy to clean
NuWave PIC2 Functions and Features
The Nuwave PIC II claims to offer advanced functions, user-friendly and time and money saving features that promise to deliver like none other. It is the advanced version of the popular(?) Nuwave PIC.
Functions of Nuwave PIC2:
- Precise temperature control with the press of a button
- 10-step stage cooking function
- Induction coils generate heat in the cookware instead of cooktop surface
- Programmable up to 100 hours
- Delay function up to 100 hours
- Heating surface based inside larger red ring
- Fast- offers 6 different temperature settings adjustable in 10 degree rise
- Option to cook between Fahrenheit and Celsius
- Smoke-free- no open flames or red-hot coils
- Stays cool where magnetic surface is not activated
- Larger cooking surface
- Uses only 1300 watts at the most and saves up to 90% energy
- 52 temperature settings
- Upper temperature limit- above 460 degrees
- Maximum temperature- 575 degrees, minimum temperature- 100 degrees
- Temperature control in 10-degrees increments
- Sleek, round design
- Pause function
- 50% less noise while cooking
- Faster auto fan shut off
- Compact and portable- perfect for use anywhere
- Completely safe- no risk of fire and automatic shut-off features
- Pre-set stage cooking up to 100 hours
Duxtop Induction Cooktop Features and Functions
Duxtop Induction Cooktop promises a superior cooking experience by offering a host of functions such as:
- Direct energy supply from the cooktop to cooking vessel by magnetic field
- Built-in count-down digital timer offering 5 minutes increments that can go up to 170 minutes
- Self-adjusting burners to detect size of the cookware base and adjust automatically for minimal energy wastage
- Automatic shut down of the unit by auto-pan detection after 60 seconds if no cookware detected
- Digital control panel
- Easy to install/ plug in- fits in any standard outlet
- Compatibility with Duxtop whole-clad premium cookware and other induction ready cookware like e.g. cast aluminum enameled iron and steel, stainless steel with magnetic bottom or cast iron
- Diagnostic error message system
- Low and high voltage warning system
- ETL approved
- 10 temperature range from 140°F to 460°F
- 6 feet cord length
- 10 power levels from 200-1800watts; 6 ft cord
- Uses 120 volts, 15 amps of electricity standard in all homes
- Lightweight , compact, safe to use and easy to clean
Compare Temperature Settings
Nuwave PIC offers 52 temperature settings ranging from 100°F and 575°F. It also offers 6 different pre-programmed temperature settings.
Nuwave PIC2 offers 6 different pre-programmed temperature settings. It also cooks at 52 different temperatures between 100°F and 575°F and is adjustable in 10-degree increments.
Secura Duxtop Induction Cooktop offers temperature 10 temperature range. The minimum temperature setting is 140°F and maximum is 460°F.
Compare Safety Features
Nuwave PIC promises high-tech safety features that prevent disasters and promote safe and wholesome cooking. It features built-in sensors that automatically shut off the PIC upon completion of cooking time or when no cookware is present. It doesn’t emit open flame and remains cool to the touch where the cooktop surface when inactive. Its surface responds only to magnetic pans.
As safety measures, Nuwave PIC2 apparently offers precise temperature control that requires no coils or open flame, thereby preventing risks of fire. Its special shatter-resistant surface also minimizes the risk of accidents. The unit remains cool even as Its induction technology warms the pan, and when the cookware is removed from the surface, the conduction of heat stops immediately.
Secura Duxtop Induction Cooktop
Secura Duxtop Induction Cooktop offers features such as auto-pan detection that shuts down the unit automatically after 60 seconds if no cookware is detected along with the unique low and high voltage warning system.
Compare Maximum Temperature
Nuwave PIC -The maximum temperature of Nuwave PIC is 575 degrees.
Nuwave PIC2 – The maximum temperature that Nuwave PIC2 offers is 575 degrees.
Secura Duxtop Induction Cooktop – The maximum temperature that Secura Duxtop Induction Cooktop reaches is 460 degrees.
Compare Minimum Temperature
Nuwave PIC – The minimum temperature Nuwave works on is 100 degrees.
Nuwave PIC2 – 100 degrees is the minimum temperature Nuwave PIC2 operates on.
Secura Duxtop Induction Cooktop – The minimum temperature of 140 degrees.
Nuwave PIC – The maximum wattage Nuwave PIC touches is 1300 watts and the minimum is 600.
Nuwave PIC2 – Highest wattage- 1300 watts. Minimum wattage- 600 watts.
Secura Duxtop Induction Cooktop – It offers10 power levels between 200 to 1800 Watts.
Compare Dimensions and Weight
Nuwave PIC – Dimensions-14.4 x 15.9 x 6.3 inches | Weight- 7 pounds
Nuwave PIC2 – Dimensions- 14.4 x 15.9 x 6.3 inches | Weight- 7 pounds
Secura Duxtop Induction Cooktop Dimension- 4 x 12 x 2.6 inches | Weight- 9 pounds
Compare What do I get? and Price
- One 9-inch PerfectGreen omelet pan
- One 10-inch PerfectGreen sauce pan
- One 3 1/2 quart sauté pan
- One premium glass lid
- One steamer basket
- One fondue set
- Eight fondue forks
- Price: $99.99 (S&P extra)
NuWave PIC – Precision Induction Cooktop for just $84.99 + S/h. Buy at Amazon.com
- 1 NuWave PIC2
- 1 NuWave PIC2 Complete Cookbook
- 1 Quick Start Cooking Guide
- 1 Instructional Gourmet DVD
- 1-Year Top-To-Bottom Warranty
- Precision Cooking Club VIP Membership
All this for just: $99.99 + $29.95 S&P. Official website: NuWavePIC.com
Secura Duxtop Induction Cooktop : Price: $69.99 and free shipping at Amazon.com
Compare Reviews and Complaints
Nuwave Personal Induction Cooktop Complaints/Disadvantages/Cons
Need to buy new cookware for compatibility Even though you are supposed to receive cookware along with Nuwave Personal Induction Cooktop, it is often not included in the package. Your regular pots and pans won’t work on it even if they are induction-compatible. Since the cooktop heating extends to a ring of 6” from the center, you need to buy cookware that will fit it.
Faulty temperature setting The temperature setting of Nuwave Personal Induction Cooktop does not work. When you want the temperature setting of your choice you will get an error (E) message. Water supposed to boil in 90 seconds takes as much as 45 minutes even if you set it on 425° and tops off at 143°. The temperature doesn’t get past 210°.
Exorbitant shipping and handling charges Even though Nuwave Personal Induction Cooktop makes claims of giving two units at the cost of one, they make up for the price in their expensive S&H charges. While any other company would charge about $10 to $20 for shipping, Nuwave Personal Induction Cooktop charges just a little less than $100, which covers up the price of the unit too. One needs to cough up a lot of money on shipping a faulty piece back.
Irresponsible customer service The customer service numbers given on the package don’t work and there’s a callback number but the calls are never returned. The executives hang up on the customers and do not put you on to supervisors to solve the problem.
Nuwave Personal Induction Cooktop Pros/Advantages
Versatile cooktop that cooks really fast Nuwave Personal Induction Cooktop works great as an electric stove, grill, fry pan, boiler and also an oven. It lets you cook many dishes like pizzas, corn on the cob, fry potatoes all on the save unit. Even if you want to boil water for your pasta you can do it on the cooktop. And it prepares everything really fast. It is also easy to clean unlike traditional stoves. You can wipe off the spills and drips with a cloth to clean the cooktop. It is ideal for those who live in dorms or hostels.
Convenient and effective temperature controls The temperature control of Nuwave Personal Induction Cooktop is ideal to let you multitask and do other chores while it cooks. It also does not heat the kitchen during hot summer days. The temperature display is reliable to know that the temperature is maintained for right cooking. There are low, medium and high temperature settings that work great accordingly for all your needs.
Safe and energy -effective Nuwave Personal Induction Cooktop does not waste energy when cooking because you can set the required temperature. It shuts off automatically so you don’t waste energy even if you leave it on also making it safe. No heat is generated while cooking since there is no coil burner or gas stove range making it safe since the surface does not get hot and there are no accidental burns because the heating ring is just 6” from the centre.
Duxtop Induction Cooktop Cons/Disadvantages/Complaints
Cookware compatibility limitation The hotplate of Duxtop Induction Cooktop has a lot of limitations when it comes to what pots and pans you can use on it. Most stainless steel pots, pans or kettle won’t work on it and even the cookware that come with the cooktop stop working sooner than later.
Poor temperature regulation Duxtop Induction Cooktop overheats most of the time and can burn the food. The temperature control cannot change easily. It has a margin of 30°-40° and you cannot set it to anything in between. The thermostat control cannot reduce it from the setting of 5 or 200°. Or then the hotplate heats up to a full blast within seconds and then you have to leave it off. It does not distribute heat evenly and heats only at the centre.
Faulty fan The fan of Duxtop either doesn’t work at all or comes loose in the package.
Duxtop Induction Cooktop Pros/Advantages
Convenient, fast and portable Duxtop Induction Cooktop is a solution for different needs like boiling, frying, sautéing and for microwave purposes. It can boil water in just 3 minutes because it heats up quickly, much better than a gas stove. The cooktop is very lightweight so it’s easily transportable making it ideal for RVs, camping, hostels and dorms. It is also easy to clean in case there are spills and droppings.
Uses less power and safe to use Since Duxtop Induction Cooktop does not require a lot of energy to cook and lets you use the exact temperature so that you don’t waste any electricity. Unlike a gas stove that consumes energy worth more than a dollar, Duxtop Induction Cooktop uses just about 13 cents worth. That apart, it is safe to use because it remains cool to touch and does not blow fuses or start fires. It’s also very durable so you do not have to invest on another cooktop soon making it a more economical option.
Perfect temperature control Duxtop Induction Cooktop lets you regulate the heat enabling you to get perfectly cooked food. Its temperature comes down to medium to cook food as quickly as it goes up to boil water quickly. You can also repeat the temperature settings every time to get the same result. You can even continue to cook when you turn the power down. Temperature control also allows the food to cook evenly and even the ‘burned’ food at the bottom seems consistent.